[or-roots] or-roots Format...

CKlooster at aol.com CKlooster at aol.com
Tue Feb 11 20:54:54 PST 2003

As I began to say before my e-mail "sent itself"...I am a longtime
Oregon/Washington researcher but newly subscribed to this list.  Thought it
would be a good way to participate in research dialogue without taking time
to scan the boards every day.  So far this list seems to be more concerned
with form than content but I'm ever hopeful.

I frankly enjoyed Mr. Houck's website even though it really doesn't relate to
the families or areas on which my own research is concentrated.

I have a great solution to this debate...it's called the "delete" function!
On this, as on several other lists to which I subscribe, I read the e-mails
that I think will interest me and delete the others.  Freedom of speech and
freedom of delete balance each other nicely!

Actively Researching: Emmor Jefferson STEPHENS and Cyrus Benjamin HAWLEY and
related families (Oregon Trail); Joseph WHEALDON and Henry SHIELDS
(Washington). Also Truman and Jairus BONNEY (Oregon). Somewhat knowledgeable
about South Umpqua Valley (Canyonville, Days Creek, Tiller, Drew) and other
early Douglas County families. Always happy to exchange.

Carla D. Klooster
Tanana, Alaska