[or-roots] Oregon Genealogy

Anne Comer comerslr at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 12 18:49:02 PST 2003

Hi Kevin,

Not a problem, but thank you, anyway and, of course, you are right.  The
information is not of my own research, just something I picked up, so I
don't have a clue if it is accurate.  But I will put the Washington
Territory note into the mix in my records.

By the way, how is the Census Transcription Project coming along?  Has
it died?

Anne (transcriber, Oregon, Linn County - 1850)

On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 05:47  PM, Swimref at cmc.net wrote:

> I saw the following line:
> Maried to: Mary A. GRENIER b: 12 JUN 1862 in Elk City, Idaho, Idaho
>
> The problem is, there was no Idaho Territory for almost another year. If
> Elk City was settled as early as 1862, it was in Idaho County,
> Washington
> Territory on this date.
>
> Good luck,
> Kevin Fraley
>

> At 05:13 PM 2/12/03 -0800, Anne Comer wrote:
>> Tracie, Wondering if your Pichette could be connected to the following
>> Pechette?
>>
>> Lewis PECHETTE b: 10 APR 1854 in Salem, Marion, Oregon
>> Maried to: Mary A. GRENIER b: 12 JUN 1862 in Elk City, Idaho, Idaho
>> Their daughter: Violet Charlotte PECHETTE
>>  Birth: 5 NOV 1884 in John Day, Grant, Oregon 1
>>  Death: 25 JUN 1953 in Sandy, Clackamas, Oregon
>>
>> If you, or anyone else on the list, know anything about this family I
>> would
>> enjoy hearing.
>> Thanks,   Anne
>>

>> On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 04:15  PM,
>> TracieClawson at netscape.net
>> wrote:
>>
>>> (clipped)
>>> My father's ancestors win, though, in the longevity area. He is
>>> descended
>>> from the Cowlitz Indian tribe. One of his ancestors married a French
>>> Canadian fur trader from Montreal named GARRAND/GUERIN. Then one of
>>> her
>>> descendents married into another French Candian family by the name of
>>> PICHETTE DUPREY.
>>> (clipped)

>> * * *
>> * * *
>> Dogs come when you call. Cats have answering machines.
>>         * * * *   mailto:comerslr at mindspring.com  * * * *

* * * *
* Comer Slug Ranch - Don and Anne Comer - Proprietors
*  fresh,  dried,  canned or frozen  ;-)
* * * *