[or-roots] Frank Smith et al.

Jeffrey Ryan jryan at striblingny.com
Fri Feb 14 14:43:28 PST 2003

As long as everyone is getting into this act:  My Grandfather's brother Frank Smith went out to Oregon in the early 1930's, and died in Coquille, Coos County, in 1941.  He left a wife, Phebe (spelled like that), and a son, Wade.  I have Frank's death certificate (info given by Wade, and Phebe still living), and haven't been able to find out anything more.  What happened to Wade and his mother Phebe? I assume they were all living in Oregon, and I have done all the obvious searches, but no luck.  Anybody got any ideas?  I am in New York City (hoping nothing terrible happens, and getting out of town for the weekend), and would appreciate any help.  Frank was born in Eden, Erie County, New York.  I have all the genealogy of his parents going back to the Mayflower and further.
Thanks, Jeffrey Ryan (my mother was a Smith)