[or-roots] Ah Ha!!

Cecil Houk cchouk at cox.net
Fri Feb 14 21:27:25 PST 2003

"If you are not part of the answer, you are part of the ploblem."

After a short whizzing constest with an Outlook Express "expert", I
have solved the problem of the truncated URLs.  The answer:

The "default" line lenght in OE 6.0 "plain text" is 76 characters!  There
is no such limit in Rich Text (HTML)!!

I was wrong to blame the list server software for this.  So there; I was
wrong.

Now.  How did I discover this???  Simple.  I looked at some of the
traffic on or-roots, and saw some very long lines coming from one
person on the list.  I then looked at all the JUNK in the tool bar of
OE and found "limitter".  You can set the line length of "plain text"
mesages you SEND using OE.  That's SEND; not receive!!!!  SEND!

The list HOG