[or-roots] Archives fees

Wordsmith wordsmith at grrtech.com
Wed Jun 4 11:50:30 PDT 2003

I was at the Archives recently. Copy fees in person are 25 cents per copy regardless of the size of the paper. Death certificates are $5 for state residents and $10 for the other 49. This is considered a "basic records request" and the same fees apply for a record in the on-line index.

A "basic case file request" is $10 in state and $15 out of state, which includes up to 10 photocopies, postage and supplies. Additional copies are 75 cents each. Must provide an exact citation to a record in the custody of the archives.

There are other situations and fees; for example, labor is $30/hr charged in $5 (10 minute) increments with maximum of $120 (four hours).

I took these from a fee scheduled I got when I was there.

Elizabeth