[or-roots] Obits that have wrong data

Cecil Houk cchouk at cox.net
Sun Mar 16 00:28:28 PST 2003

I found my paternal grandmothers obituary today!  It has some
wrong information in it.  The JPEG is at:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~cchouk/rulaford/8/nora_obit.jpg

1) If I'm not mistaken her middle name was May; not Mae.

2) I have her p.o.b. as Lamonta, not Willow Creek.  This could be in the
same area.

3) Her only daughter's name was Lovena; not Lavina.
http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=cchouk&id=I00046

4) The Edd Montgomery brother is James Edgar Montgomery.
http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=cchouk&id=I00173

5) The number of grandchildren given in 1953 is 8; I know of at least 10.
Guy Houk had 4 children who lived to majority, 1 died in infancy; 4 still living in 1953, 3 in 2003
Charles Houk had 2 children who lived to majority, 2 still living ? (no contact since 1957)
George Houk had 2 children who lived to majority, 2 still living in 1953, 1 still living in 2003 -
ME
Lovena Houk had 2 children who lived to majority, 2 still living in 1953, 1 still living 2003

I was the informant for my brother's obit and death cert.  His obit that was printed had several
mistakes (?); his death cert had the wrong SS# (typo).

Get out the salt shaker!

Cecil

Cecil Houk, ET1 USN Ret.
PO Box 530833
San Diego CA 92153
fax: 619-428-6434
mailto:cchouk at cox.net
ANDERSON - BLAKLEY - FORD - HOUK - KIMSEY - MOE - RULAFORD - SIMPSON
Searchable GEDCOM: http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/~cchouk
My web page MENU: http://members.cox.net/~cchouk/