[or-roots] Re: [OREGON] Re: Fortmiller Funeral Home in Albany

Anne Comer comerslr at mindspring.com
Fri May 2 20:52:47 PDT 2003

Thank you to each one who responded to my query.  I have the obit, but
what I am really trying to find out is the location of my grandfather's
grave. He was buried at Riverside Cemetery in Albany but since he has no
stone, the transcriptions of the burials do not include him. I thought
the funeral home records might give a clue.

Let me try this another way.  Does anyone know if there are any sexton's
records for Riverside Cemetery, and how one could get access to them?

Anne

On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 10:02  PM, Jane wrote:

> Hi,  When the Fortmiller Funeral Home was sold out, the owner keep all
> of
> the records.  He felt they were not pubic records.  They have not
> surfaced.
> The only record would be an
> obit that was written up in the newspaper or the death certificate.
> This information was told to me by the Fisher Funeral Home who bought
> out
> Fortmiller.

"Hey, so what...it's a rose, ain't it?
--Dorothy Parker