[or-roots] Re: [OREGON] Re: Fortmiller Funeral Home in Albany

Anne Comer comerslr at mindspring.com
Sat May 3 16:01:44 PDT 2003

Thanks, Robert,  but printed copies, or easier yet, the online listing
of the burials of a cemetery do not include names of those who have no
stone.  The reason why this is so is, because the records are made by
dedicated people who give their time and effort to walk the cemetery and
copy down the information that they can read.  If there is nothing to
read. . .   nothing can be listed.  So, because my grandfather never had
a stone, he is not listed.  Sexton's records, on the other hand, should
be able to locate the grave of any person, stone or no stone.

Riverside has been surveyed twice,

once by "WPA Linn County Cemetery Survey, researched & prepared by
Leslie L. Haskin on 12-1-1939"
and secondly: "The Riverside Cemetery Directory was compiled in the
early 1980s as an Eagle Scout project under the direction of Joel
Christensen. Under Joel's direction, a group of dedicated Boy Scouts
recorded the names directly from the stones in the Riverside Cemetery,
Albany, Oregon. The scouts recorded over 5,100 names.  This survey was
subsequently formatted for the internet and is available at Jan
Phillips' website."

Still hopeful,
Anne

On Saturday, May 3, 2003, at 02:17  AM, Robert L. Casebeer wrote:

> Anne, have you gotten in touch with the Linn County Genealogical
> Society...they may have printed copies of all the cemeteries in Linn
> County,
> Albany is the county seat. Bob

"Joint checking account!  Why, I wouldn't have a joint
account with the angel Gabriel himself!"
   --  Lady Bird Johnson

******* Mailto:comerslr at mindspring.com ********