[or-roots] Re: Strake

Don & Anne Comer comerslr at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 1 17:47:00 PST 2003

Gene,

Do you know if Oscar William Peterson is related to John August
Peterson?  Perhaps brothers? John was born 1869 in Sweden and came to
Benton County, Oregon at age 1 year with his parents.  He is pictured
seated in front of Nettie Gault and Nona Reynolds Strake, on page 112 of
the book "The Land That Kept Its Promise".  John and Nettie were married
about 1898, their first child was born June 1899.  I don't know what
year the photo was taken, but presumably, since Nettie is still using
her maiden name, it would have been no later than summertime, 1898.
Nona's name is given as Strake, but that must be incorrect.  Al(bert)
Reynolds is also in the photo.

Anne
Descended from these Oregon/Washington Territory Pioneers and Early
Settlers:
- Dela Fletcher  and Phoebe (Flanary) CRABTREE,  arrived 1846, Linn
County
- James W. and Elizabeth (Empson) PEEK,  arrived 1847,  Lane County
- William Martin and Mary "Polly" (Dealy) PRINE,  arrived 1850,
Linn>Lake>Linn Counties
- Rev. Joab and Anna (Beeler) POWELL,  arrived 1852, Linn County
- William Moore and Sarah (Scott) RUTLEDGE, arrived 1852,
Thurston>Lewis>Baker>Linn Counties
- Thomas C. SMITH, arrived before 1860, Lane>Thurston>Benton Counties
- John Benjamin and Nancy Jane (Hamilton) HUDELSON, arrived 1876,
Polk>Linn Counties