[or-roots] English names

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Sun Nov 9 08:56:02 PST 2003

There were a number of folks asking about English surnames etc on one of my
lists, unfortunately I don't remember which one so will post following to
both;

 Walford, Edward, [View Citation] [View Image]
The county families of the United Kingdom, or, Royal manual of the titled
and untitled aristocracy of Great Britain and Ireland : containing a brief
notice of the descent, birth, marriage, education, and appointments of each
person, his heir apparent or presumptive, as also a record of the offices
which he has hitherto held, together with his town address and country
residence
London: R. Hardwicke, 1864, 1198  pgs.

This is not an exhaustive list, but does break Gt. Britain & Ireldnd down by
County and list major families therein, I can't say for sure how far back
this info goes, didn't contain my Melvin Clan recognizably and they expired
supposedly in 17th century

this comes from;

http://riversideregionallibrary.org/

That Barbara posted