[or-roots] Lincoln County cemeteries

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Mon Nov 17 18:03:59 PST 2003

Boy, I sure replied to Connie in a garbled manner, what I had meant to mean
was I was definitely interested in being a customer but did not hold much
hope of being help with the recording process, though I guess on reflection
I could do that too, but I have spent the last year and a half trying to
organize the results our our recording ONE cememtery here in Reedsport, part
of that is I stupidly decided to include a physical description of each
stone in the database, a mistake I won't make again on my next cememtery,
but if anyone is closer than me and able to help, it is possible to record a
fairly good sized piece of a cemetery by two people in a day.

I would recommend anyone doing so start out with some help from whoever is
in charge of the cemetery so they can get some idea of how the cemetery is
organized if help is available.

Connie has a big project ahead of her if she has just started, and I wish
her every success.

I would be perfectly happy to pay for such a database, but knowing what it
takes to create one I certainly couldn't afford to pay what it was worth.

Les Chapman