[or-roots] Fisher/Cameron in Multnomah County

Colette C. Krob cckrob at irbyandheard.com
Wed Oct 1 11:14:18 PDT 2003

Hello, I am new at this so I hope I am doing this right.

I need suggestions or help in locating a death record.  I have had the
Oregon Archives research check and they have not been able to find the
record.  Here is the info I have
Her married name:        Mary (Mae or May) Fisher
Approx date of birth:      March 29, 1896 in Canada
husbands name:  Claude (Claud) Fisher
One daughter:           Beatrice

I have a old letter from her step sister that says Mae died in Portland in
1944.
She is listed on the 1920 and 1930 Federal Census as living with Claude in
Multnomah County.
I have a letter from him dated 1962 and it has a Portland address.
I have a picture she sent to my Grandfather and by the looks it could not
have been to many years before her death.  It is stamped Portland Oregon on
the back and the front is a picture of her standing on a road and she
marked an X where they are building a house.

Claude died July 30, 1964 in Multnomah County, Certificate No. 10523 and it
list May as the Spouse.

I live in the Southeast so anything I do will have to be internet search or
sending a letter.

How do I find out a list of funeral homes operating during 1964?
Is there a website where I can look up property owners?

Thanks,
Colette Cameron Krob
Alabama