[or-roots] (no subject)

Jean Raabe raabebaby at pacinfo.com
Thu Oct 2 12:19:18 PDT 2003

Duane,

Not knowing where you live and hoping you live in Oregon I must ask, have
you visited the Linn Co. Historical Society at the Linn Co. Court House in
Albany?  I was there this summer looking for info. on my gg-grandfather
Isaac Arnold and found a wealth of information.  If your great grandfather
had a donation land claim they have books on donation land claim families
which are fantastic!, as well as lots of other information.  I plan to go
back when I can spend more time and really check their records.  The other
place I have found lots of help and information is the Linn Co. Historical
Society web site.  It's web address is www.linnhistory.peak.org and it's
great.  Just play around with it and see what you can find.
Good luck and it is fun to finally find a message from someone researching
in the county of my interest.

Jean