[or-roots] Leabo-Lee

Virgene and Dean Travis travis.north at centurytel.net
Tue Oct 28 07:16:11 PST 2003

Hi --
  My ancestors are the LEE family of Oregon.
 Here is some info. that fits into the current discussion.  I don't have
absolute proof on all of this.  In addition to my own research, some of my
sources are:
Myra Weston of Canby, OR (an Oregon researcher & author?), I believe  .. via
Denise Swenson of McMinnville, OR in Apr. 1997 and Shirley Isaac of
Watsonville, CA in April 1997.

James R. Leabo b. 1823 in Cooke Co., TN.  He was raised by his aunt and
uncle, Isaac Leabo and Mary (Polly) Lewis.   He married Emily Armina Lee on
16 Mar 1851 in Oregon City, Clackamas Co., OR.  Emily was b. 22 July 1828 in
Jefferson Co., NY .. the daughter of Philander Lee and Anna Harvey Green.
There is an 1850 census record mentioned in a previous posting to this list
that shows Emily as the daughter of Orlando Lee.   That was an error on the
census ... should show her father as PHILANDER.

1850 U.S. CENSUS:  Clackamas Co., Oregon Terr., Family 184
Orlando Lee   50 farmer, all born NY except Albert
--Anna            44
--Emily            22
--Edwin          20
--Herman       17
--Elvira           14
--Orris            12
-- Caroline        9
--Albert             3  b. Iowa

1870 U.S. CENSUS: Oregon City, Clackamas Co., OR, Family 455, Page 113
June 1870
Philander Lee  age  68  farmer     b. NY
--Anna            age 62   kps hse   b. NY
--Mary            age 16                 b. OR
Josiah Lebo     age 48  laborer    b. OR

1880 US CENSUS:  Clackamas Co., OR
Lebeo, Josiah         age 50       IN  VA  NC
--Nancy E.      Wf         48      SD  Car  KY
--Martin D.      Sn          20     NB
--Nancy           Da         17
--Alice             Da         10
--Sarah A.       Da           7
--Dora D.        Da            3      IL
        and
  in the Lower Molalla Pct.
Lebo, Thomas    age 22   b. MA
--Arthela      Wf        19   b. MA