[or-roots] Depression Times / W.W.II

A&A Stringer stringer at oregontrails.com
Fri Sep 12 14:29:10 PDT 2003

Thanks for sharing.  I think my grandparents have always voted for the
Democrat candidate in presidential elections, not because they
necessarily agree with their policies, but because it is the party of
Franklin D. Roosevelt.  They are the product of a very loyal and
patriotic era.

My grandfather delivered milk for Alpenrose Dairy from about 1950 until
1974 or so.  I remember him in the 70's, driving around in a white van
and wearing a white uniform, with the Alpenrose emblem.  There were
little boxes in front of each house for the milk bottles, and they would
recycle the bottles the next day.

I did not know that there were other types of delivery service, but of
course there had to be ice delivery before the days of refrigeration.