[or-roots] childhood memories

Aileen Itzen hai at callatg.com
Sat Sep 13 21:54:37 PDT 2003

My family settled around the Birkenfeld, Mist area which would have been a
number of miles upriver from the town of Nehalem.  The families we were
acquainted with began homes upriver from Elsie and ended around Vernonia.
There is a group of people who have put together a Mist-Birkenfeld
Historical Society and are putting together a 'book' of the history of that
portion of the Valley.  It hasn't yet been published but will let you know
when this happens.  They have also taken over ownership of the little
church in Mist and have created a museum.  Aileen