[or-roots] "Sock It To Me!": Oregon Trail

Cecil Houk cchouk at cox.net
Sun Sep 14 22:42:38 PDT 2003

I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse, but I have a great number of
ancestors who crossed the plains (1843-1868) to settle in Oregon and
Washington.  My gr gr grandfather's narrative (Nineveh Ford), and the
narrative of my gr grandfather's (Jacob Houk), sister-in-law's account of
their 1868 crossing.

I accept no blame for it, but my gr gr grandfather, James Blakely, made the
town of Brownsville, OR: named after his uncle, Hugh Leeper Brown.  A great
number of my ancestors passed through Brownsville and Linn County.  YIKES!
We're related!!

Check my web page menu at:  http://members.cox.net/~cchouk/ for links to the
narratives and much more.

Good hunting,
Cecil

Cecil Houk, ET1 USN Ret.
PO Box 530833
San Diego CA 92153
FAX: 619-428-6434
mailto:cchouk at cox.net
ANDERSON - BLAKLEY - FORD - HOUK - KIMSEY - MOE - RULAFORD - SIMPSON
Searchable GEDCOM: http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/~cchouk
My web page MENU: http://members.cox.net/~cchouk/