[or-roots] photo's WA Vol Oregon 1st Cavalry

Aileen Itzen hai at callatg.com
Mon Sep 22 21:26:01 PDT 2003

According to his obituary my gg-grandfather, James Franklin Williams, was
involved in the last rout of Indians in Wallowa county.  LaGrande, Oregon
December 4, 1917...."Captain James Williams, former Indian fighter and
scout, who led the victorious whites in their rout of the invading Indians
in 1856, when the redmen made their last stand on the prairies that are now
LaGrande, died tooday at the home of Andrew Russell near
Summerville......."  Is he listed in your book?  Appreciate any and all
help.  Thank you,  Aileen