[or-roots] SHAMEon you VIOLA !

Kith-n-Kin kith-n-kin at att.net
Mon Aug 2 17:57:31 PDT 2004

You know, I was going to be quiet about this, but enough is enough, Nancy. And, no more private e-mails to
you.

(1) I wrote to Kevin twice (personally) and nicely the first time, by the way, to tell him what the
problem was and that *he* would have to follow the instructions to get off the list. The result of that
was an e-mail to my e-ddress, (not to the list), with "unsubscribe" in the subject, and a copy of someone
else's e-mail in the body. He never responded to me personally. I suggest that several people got that
type of response, but others got some real trash talk from him.
(2) After we got the well crafted death notice, and Nancy wrote the vitriol to the list, I wrote her and
told her what *I* had done, and she sent back an unbelievably rude reply, just because I asked her if she
(the only one with a good relationship with Kevin) had also tried to help him. She also copied me a
perfectly rational e-mail he had sent her. None of the dis-jointed messages some got from him.
(3) Several of us have tried to placate the rest, with insults from Nancy at every turn.
(4) Now, Nancy, if you are going to "shame" Viola, ("I never said, that anyone of you killed Kevin")
please read your reply to someone earlier this week:

"It's too bad, you didn't think of this first to write to tell people about, loving kindness, while Kevin
was with us!
Now it's too late to be kind to him. {Only to Shirlee}  Some of the or-roots members really stressed him
out. He was trying very hard to unsubscribe, but some.. just made fun of him... some were cruel and rude.
He told me that himself. They just wouldn't back off and let him unsubscribe,  he was stressed out and
Stress can kill.."

Now, admittedly, you didn't accuse anyone of taking out a gun, but I'm sorry, where I come from, the above
*is* an accusation.

"They wouldn't back off and let him unsubscribe. . " excuse me, but not only did some of us try to help,
frankly there is nothing any of us could do, including you, apparently, to either help or hinder his
getting off the list by "backing off".

Now, I'm one who thinks that this was an unfortunate turn of events, and since the behavior was apparently
uncharacteristic (but how would we know that?), we can put it down to his medical condition.

Assuming that none of the rest of us have a similar medical condition, perhaps we, including you, Nancy,
can just close this out?

Pat (in Tucson)

P.S. Please note the *lack* of earlier messages in this thread. *That* my dears, is protocol for e-mails
to lists. You don't copy and copy and copy, you just excerpt the part that is germane to the subject. So,
yes, Nancy, you can expect not to have all the message, and the message before, and the message before
that. . .  (I think there were five messages in this before Nancy reminded me and I cut them out.)

 <http://www.incredimail.com/index.asp?id=54475>