[or-roots] Oregon people

TEDDIE1938 at aol.com TEDDIE1938 at aol.com
Fri Aug 6 22:51:01 PDT 2004

Dear Barbara,

I find your websites delightful. Thanks for sharing them. I also have a
connection to Father Blanchet and the French Canadians who immigrated to Oregon. My
great-grandfather, Antoine Valade, was a merchant in Portland where he was a
partner with my great-uncle, Esdras Norbert Ouimette. He married Esdras'
sister and my great-grandmother Marie Hermaline Ouimette. They were all born in
Quebec.

I corresponded with Harriet Duncan Munnick before her death. She was
delighted to learn that the Vallard family in her books that she had translated were
the Valade family with whom she was aquatinted in Grant County. What an
interesting woman.

Marie Hermeline Ouimette moved, with her children, to Grant County about 1880
where she remarried and homesteaded a ranch about a mile east of the Picture
Gorge on the John Day River. Her daughter married W. R. Mascall and one son,
my grandfather, married Molly Belle Glover from Antone, Wheeler County. Her
other son married Ella Rann.

Here is a link to my website, if anyone is interested.

With ties friendship,
Teddie Richardson         <A
HREF="http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/r/i/c/Theodora--Richardson/index.html?Welcome=1010879072">Teddie's website</A>