[or-roots] 1910 census, Portland, OR

CARROLLOUC at aol.com CARROLLOUC at aol.com
Sun Dec 12 21:01:50 PST 2004

Thank you Barb, Berniece must be correct but I wasn't at all certain. When I
looked at my FTM files I remembered one of William's aunts was named India
Berniece, so that figures.

I did take a look at the street names but was unfamiliar with Rodney Ave. (I
was b (1929) and raised in Portland but on the NE edge). Seeing Jessup St.
listed nearby I finally accessed MapQuest and found Rodney with no problem. Now,
I wonder if Jessup St. was named for my Gr Grandfather, Charles Jessup who was
a brickmason? Well, more research. Since I have lived in S. Oregon since 1949
I rely a great deal on the internet for my research in Portland and it seems
one questions leads to several others.

Thank you
Carroll (Cooper) Summers
read the daughter's name as Berniece.  If you read the street names on the
left hand side of the page you have a good clue where they are.  With 37 pages
to look at it will take a while, to map the entire precinct, but might be fun.