[or-roots] Silverton Oregon Book

Therese Lombardi nascarchic22 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 29 16:05:21 PST 2004

Some of my ancestors setteled in Silverton as well.  My father was adopted,
and when I found his biological family on his mothers side, I found a great
deal of info about them setteling in Silverton.  My husband and I went to
the little museum in Silverton, and the gal tending the museum was a great
help.  She even intoduced us to another family member we had never met.  My
ancestors came to Silverton in 1842 I believe, and participated in the land
shares at that time.  There were brothers who setteled by the last name of
Cox.  My great great great grandfather was Gideon Cox.  From one of the
parents of a daughter who married into the Cox family, we have a copy of a
letter written in 1863 about how they suffered in the diptheris epedemic.
It was heart breaking.