[or-roots] (no subject)

ViolaRae Kassing kassing at charter.net
Mon Feb 2 08:50:35 PST 2004

 Bob,
I must add my opinion.  I have been researching my family since seriously
since the late '60's.  I was stuck between my great-grandmother (my father's
mother's mother) and the son of a ancestor that I had been told (by a paid
researcher in 1970) that I was desended from.  It wasn't until I started
using a "program' (a very primitive one by today's standards) that put it
all together.  They help with age and date comparisons!  In 1996 I think it
was I found out that I wasn't missing two generations that the
great-grandmother was in fact the daughter of the eldest son of the ancestor

Again the advise is to get the basic program.  They (the last time I looked)
have all the parts to print out a book for your posterity.  They do the
charts, charts with pictures, charts, pictures and bios, etc. Some make
fancy pretty charts and some are just plain old fashioned charts.

Now, my next piece of advice is ask a friend to look at theirs.  And of
course the old plug - - - go to your local family history center and they
will give you a copy of "PAFF".  It's free and does most of the things you
need to see the big picture!