[or-roots] 1990 tacoma warm body

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Fri Feb 6 13:54:33 PST 2004

Barb;
There are four individuals I am looking for in 1900, two of whom may not be
there because they may already have died by then, none of the family knows,
I have had no luck online finding info, a grandaughter apparently went to
Washington to try and find them fairly recently and had no luck. There are a
number of my relatives that just disappear into thin air in that critical
1880 - 1900 time frame. Some of them we have rumor about that turn out to be
wrong, or undocumented, but I am fairly  certain Guy and his wife are there
in 1900 as they marry in Tacoma in 1897 according to a web site I recently
stumbled across. I did try a number of options, searched for all of the
Grace's and Guy's and some variations on their name I know of, I haven't
actually tried too many variations as I thought using first names not
getting them probably meant they aren't there, but am going to probably do
it the hardway anyway. If I was smart I would get that county on film at my
FHC or some such, but for now thought I would do it the hard way.

The folks I am looking for are;

1.  TIMOTHY1 LOCKWOOD1,2 was born Abt. 1816 in N.Y.3.  He married BETSY
MELVIN4 Abt. 1850, daughter of JOEL MELVIN and ELIZABETH WISNER.  She was
born 07 May 1826 in Prob. Gerry, Chautaqua Co., NY5,6.

GUY K.3 LLEWELLYN (EVA E.2 LOCKWOOD, TIMOTHY1)31 was born Abt. 1871 in
Iowa32.  He married GRACE G. GARRETSON 09 August 1897 in Tacoma, Pierce Co.,
Washington33.  She was born Abt. 1872 in Iowa.

The surname Garretson is only as good as the marriage info, the site it is
from uses a lot of WFT estimates dates so I am reserving judgement but the
individual posting this info seemed to have their marriage doc as that was
all the info they had. I emailed them to offer background on this family but
so far no reply. If they do I hope they mention what I asked, sometimes
folks email back six months later to apologize for not answering my right
away but they don't mention what I asked them for and usually I have no idea
if I can't find my original email. The problem there isn't my not having it
usually, I just have a hard time finding them.

Thanks again for the warm body info, my wife laid down the law last night
and I really need to do more housework and less of this or I may be doing
this in the garage.