[or-roots] Re: Strouts Cemetery

Lee Gentemann rootsfinder at ciusa.net
Mon Feb 23 22:19:45 PST 2004

Apparently the trip to the Strouts Cemetery took a wrong turn.  As I recall, there is a fork in the road, part way up to the top and that is probably where you turned to the right, instead of continuing to the top.

I was personally up there about two years ago and nothing had changed.  Everyone is still where they were for the past 20 years.

The present caretakers assured me today that no gravesites have been moved and Ed Strouts' stone is still pretty prominent.  The road to
the cemetery does belong to Starkers forest, Inc., but is still used to access the cemetery.

I hope this clears up the question.

Lee Gentemann