[or-roots] Next comes floods????

Barbara Wulf wulf at bendcable.com
Thu Jan 8 08:14:45 PST 2004

We are just east of Bend [ -1 yesterday morning, 48 yesterday afternoon.]
and the freezing rain that they said MIGHT come actually arrived.

Anything above ground is doing fine but the roadway and the walks have not
warmed enough to handle the rain.  The thermometer says 32-33 but the walk
and the road are a sheet of ice.  The deck has liquid water and the eaves
are dripping water.

At least this is NOT our 4th day of this.  Should be fine by the time I have
to leave home.

I remember the Prineville flood.  One of the animal rescue groups borrowed
all of our animal carriers.  They were trying to save as many of the flood
displaced animals as possible.  The neighbor's kid was living down by the
river.  They did not have renters insurance and lost everything when they
ended up with mud a foot deep in the trailer.

Barb
wulf at bendcable.com
http://home.bendcable.com/wulf/Project/siteMapNoImage.htm