[or-roots] Day Dye

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Mon Jan 12 14:04:51 PST 2004

I had been more or less ignoring the Day Dye discussion as being irrelevant
to me and others were responding. Much to my surprise I have a bunch of Days
in the buttonhole relative category in my California Kin. I don't recall any
names you all have thrown out and am too lazy to go look, (my List archives
are in total disarray) but thought I would pass on a couple of resources.

One if your Day line came through Washington County Maine you "might" find
some of them here;

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:ah6197&id=I2651

be sure and paste in the whole URL through I2651 as a lot of folks end up
with this line split in half and it doesn't work that way.

this line starts with an Anthony Day born 1616 in England and ends up in
California and possibly other places, I mostly followed only the direct
ancestors of my Cousin's wife.

Then in a search for more info on the cousin's daughter-in-law I ran across
this source reference I don't recall anyone mentioning;

The Day Association. Day Genealogy - A record of the descendents of Jacob
Day and an incomplete record of Anthony Day. Furbush-Roberts Printing Co.
Inc 435 Odlin Road, Bangor Maine 1967.

Hope this si of interest to someone.