[or-roots] chapmans

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Sun Jan 18 12:29:07 PST 2004

Ray;

The closest I can come to hooking to them is a putative cousin William P.
Chapman b. abt. 1863 in Indiana, he is in the line of one of our "serious"
genealogists in the Chapman family, she is about a 4th or 5th cousin whom I
have never met. I missed a good opportunity as for a few years she was
living in Lincoln City Oregon which is just a couple hours north of me, but
as luck would have it I got in touch with her just in time to find out she
was moving to a warmer drier climate, or at least I think that's where she
was headed. I say putative becasuse I find this guy in the Census but not in
her work. I should see if I can get in touch  and ask I guess, but being the
flibberty gibbet I am probably won't remember to do so.

Some day when I have the time and money at the same time I may go back east
and do some serious research on these folks, but it will take a lot of time.
Interestingly enough there is some suspicion that I can combind research
into my Mother and my father's line in Onandaga Co., New York. I married the
daughter of a cousin and with the intermarriages in my Mother's line from
Concord in the 17th and 18th century I can pull up a kinship report on my
son that takes up a whole sheet of paper. All I really need to make that
incredible would be to find out Mom's and Dad's ancestors intermarried int
the 17th century!

Finding these things out is what makes it so interesting for me, sort of
like solving a rubik's cube or some such.