[or-roots] Shelley ancestors

The Strong Family rstrong at bendcable.com
Mon Jan 19 20:08:07 PST 2004

I have to say, I've enjoyed my short time with this list, if not for the information (nobody I can 'relate' to has shown up yet), at least for the entertainment value...you all are a hoot!

I'm looking for information on Sylvester Charles Shelley, b 12/9/1842 in either Iowa or Illinois, d 7/24/1922 in Lane Co.  He was married to Mary Sparks (daughter of A. Sparks of Mossy Rock, Washington), children: Anna Maude, Charles Wilkison, and Albert William (or William Albert).  I'm related through Charlie and his son Glenn.

I've had terrible luck making a solid connection to Sylvester's parents.  Family lore says it was one of the four Shelley brothers traveling to Oregon from Iowa (we have Barlow Trail records) in 1848, settling in the Pleasant Hill area.  I know all about those brothers, but none are claiming Sylvester!

Thanks for any help anyone may be able to give!

Riki Strong
Bend