[or-roots] John Rudnick Presentation

Eugene Melvin ED_Melvin at msn.com
Sun Jan 25 22:49:05 PST 2004

I was at the CIG and thought John gave an excellent presentation. I have already started to convert and would like to hear more from John.  My list would start with # 3, then 2, and if there is time finish off with number 1.

Thanks,

Eugene Melvin
SW Portland, Oregon

Last Monday the Computer Interest Group was treated to a presentation by John Rudnick. The presentation reviewed the basics of John's methodology for storing his genealogy files.
    We would like to have John back next month, but we need your help on what to cover.

Here are some thoughts;

(1) What other examples of computerized data records would you like to see?
This question would be a continuation of the "tour" of John's examples.

(2) How do I covert paper records into computer data records?
This question is about the different techniques John has developed to do the conversion.

(3) Naming conventions: What is the method used to name files so they are easy to find?

What specifically would you like to learn about in the above areas?

Let me know what you would like to cover sometime this week. I'll recap them.

Thanks,
Marty Krauter

contains (in the body of the message) only the single word: unsubscribe

Collection with an Ancestry.com free trial.  Click to learn more.