[or-roots] Ode To "Old Farts"

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Fri Jul 30 21:02:04 PDT 2004

Connie;

That may be bad poetry, but it sure is a good message and a heck of a lot
better poetry than I could ever dream up. My little sister (an old fart of
about 66 years) has that same facility to come up with topical poetry like
that. My mom aspired to be a professional writer, but I don't know that Sis
ever did, if she wanted to and tried I think she could get somewhere and it
looks to me like you could (have?) too.

Les Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com

Although we're miles and miles apart,
I'm proud to be among "old farts"
Who study genealogy,
And hope to make a family tree.

There're those who criticize our plight,
And sent us email with a bite.
They say "Let them old bones just be;"
They ain't "old farts" like you and me!
---