[or-roots] Ornery Ancestors

Barbara Wulf wulf at bendcable.com
Fri Jun 4 17:18:56 PDT 2004

One other thing to think about with census records.  The image we see is the third rendition [and the guy who wrote it was hired for his handwriting].

The census taker, [he had a horse], wrote the information onto the forms.  His copy went to the county.  The county copied over the census and sent that to the state.  The state copied over the census and sent it to the feds.  The microfilm copy we see is the feds copy.

SOMETIMES the original still exists with the county.

Barb
wulf at bendcable.com
http://home.bendcable.com/wulf/Project/siteMapNoImage.htm