[or-roots] Off topic but VERY important

Dan M dj at valiant.wvi.com
Sun Jun 6 07:49:16 PDT 2004

Dear Cecil
    Yes with all the ways the new virus's are working it is possible for many things to happen.  Including a post to this or any list you are a member of with a virus you did not send just because the faked headers are good enough that the lists will let it through.
   Virus's have been sending mail to admin, system ISP addresses, self to self, mail daemon, and so many more, there is a website that shows most all the items about this and how many places they came from.  Yes website can pack a virus or Trojans, some are deliberate, some are uploaded by people who write websites and surf the web ( w/o) an antivirus prg and upload the virus to their website with out knowing they are infecting every one because they think they cant get any virus or worms.  Some virus and worms do not need attachments and some have been said to pass your AV or even disable it.  SO plain text e-mails are safer, but some people like the things they can do in HTML and like to use that.
     SO far since 1997 I have not had a virus, but I have my system set so most known virus's cant run on it.   I have had over 200 virus attempts hit the McAffee that my ISP runs and I wish they would give us the option to delete more than one at a time <sigh> On this address there is no ISP protection, just what I have set up on this end and its pretty tight save for security at medium, high almost drove me nuts <grin>
    On my main address they even screen the message content and only zips get through, if I dont know who sent them, they get trashed too.  Some one ought to stake out those virus people to the red ants in the hot sum with a melting Hershey bar on them < evil grin>
For Virus, Hoax, Spam and other help see
http://www.wvi.com/~wb/VirusHelp.html
look for virus eye and virus encyclopedia
AntivirusForum-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
join and converse about the virus open forum we need members l;-)
Dan