[or-roots] Gay Ancestors

Connie Guardino census at wi.net
Tue Jun 8 17:52:22 PDT 2004

Gary, I agree. Gays have forever and always been about ten percent of
any given population. I know for sure there were gay soldiers serving
during the civil war, as well as cross-dressing and lesbian women. There
were gay cowboys and lesbian saloon entertainers. It is all there. Due
to homophobia and "blemishes" on families, these stories could be lost
to history. These are the rare kind of stories I would love to flush
out.