[or-roots] tact, humor and history

Dan M dj at valiant.wvi.com
Tue Jun 8 21:55:45 PDT 2004

Message
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kith-n-Kin
  To: or-roots at sosinet.sos.state.or.us
  Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 1:05 PM
  Subject: RE: [or-roots] tact, humor and history

  Nancy and All

  There are two Oregon lists. This one, which frequently sounds like a passel of squabbling siblings, interspersed with actual history, genealogy, and other insights. The other one is "Oregon-L" or something like that.

  I used to belong to both, but the other one was boring, boring, boring.  So I quit that list.

  =========================================>>

  Boring is a list that just does names and names and names,
  since I took over the Oregon-L I let it have some life -
   what would we be doing if we were all in one room
   <just the facts?>
   Nope!
  We would be telling jokes and laughing ( and ) the facts,
  same here ? Hmm ,
   if a list is boring, it is the members fault =
   I have several lists for chatting,one is Genealogy Chat,
   but every one dont join it and so I assume people like the list they are already on
   and like to chat or tease with others.
   I dont think any was meant personal,
   but the name calling is sorta hard to take
  we list owners try to be liberal enough that the members dont feel like they are in a coffin.

     SO when a list livens up,
  people quit,
  when its boring, people quit,
  danged if we do and danged if we dont.

   Now I hope hamburger is on sale before the week end
  so as not to spoil that too <sigh>

   lots a great people here.
  Maybe us chatters should all leave to a group where they wont complain and just the facts here <sigh?>
     Genealogy Chat is for any thing like we are supposed to learn in genealogy
  and ask questions about like the how too's of genealogy and a little chain pulling.
  Dan