[or-roots] Charles Richard McKay & Letitia Bird [NANCY]

gary murray gmurray1 at cox.net
Wed Jun 9 13:56:42 PDT 2004

hi nancy:  gencircles is one of those online places where people just feed in data.  one of the lines i have been  researching for more than 30 years and i fed the name jarius bonney into that site and while there was a lot of data there most all of it is in error.  my gr. granmother is not even listed as one of his children.  it is unfortunate in a way that the web has all this data.  people that get their data from these places i call copiers and not researchers.  i am happy to say that with all the data i have on 39,000 people in my database, none have been just copied.  i have books, written gene., cd's you name it.  i have spent a fortune in time and money but i have the data and where it came from.  i almost never comment on these websites but we are being overrun with them and the errors are beyond belief.  before i enter someone into my data base, i need at least three sources.  if i can't find three sources but i feel what i have is correct, i note that when i enter them.
that is my nickel's worth of comment on these sites.  take it for what it is worth.  i have NEVER said no to anyone that wants my data and that is why you will find me on some of these sites.  i gave the data to some one and they turned around a either gave it or sold it to someone else.
gary in az.