[or-roots] Obits in Salem Oregon

CARROLLOUC at aol.com CARROLLOUC at aol.com
Wed Jun 9 20:59:18 PDT 2004

The Knight Library at the U of Oregon in Eugene may have the newspaper that
is needed. They have many on film and do interlibrary loans through a persons
local library.

Carroll (Cooper) Summers
CarrollouC at aol.com
Since so many folks are posting replies that have nothing to do with the
subject line they are replying to I seem to have lost track of who
originally asked the question;

For a recent obit from Salem Statesman Journal go to;

http://online.statesmanjournal.com/obituaries/index_obituaries.cfm

if it is not a recent obit, there are some phone numbers on that page that
might enable you to find out if and the wherofs of any research service they
might provide.

If going to Salem to do research is not convenient, IE you are in some other
state, you might see if your local FHC can locate a film of Statesman
Journal archives for the relevant time frame. If you are near a University
you might be able to finable an interlibrary loan of such a tape through the
University of Oregon. I don't know that they do so, but they might.

Some of you other folks on the list probably know the answer to that last;
anyone?

Also you could try a search online, you might be lucky and be looking for an
obit somebody already posted in their genealogy or in an obituary
collection.

Les Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com