[or-roots] Snap Your Sprocket

cjp joppe cjpjoppe at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 11:26:15 PDT 2004

Thanks everybody for sharing the memories of favorite
and curious expressions/sayings of ancestors! They
bring a smile and chuckle of a time when expressions
were more colorful and descriptive - even when "not
for ladies, children or polite company"

My (deceased) grandfather's favorite expression to
describe a heavy rain "like a cow peeing on a flat
rock"

..and to describe something way far away or a long
journey the destination was  "in the tooley (Tule)
weeds (meaning close to Tule lake - a great distance
to travel from Yamhill county)

referring to someone not too bright:
"doesn't have brains enough to be dangerous"
or "his saw is missing too many teeth"

(and also one mentioned below -"i don't know whether
to shit or go blind")

and my mother's reply in response to "so"?? - "Sew
button's on your nose!

or-roots at sosinet.sos.state.or.us<mailto:or-roots at sosinet.sos.state.or.us>

or-roots-admin at sosinet.sos.state.or.us<mailto:or-roots-admin at sosinet.sos.state.or.us>

=== message truncated ===