[or-roots] Problems with names

Connie Guardino census at wi.net
Fri Jun 11 16:24:58 PDT 2004

Naming traditions can really be humorous. In Italian society, the oldest
son should have the middle name of his godfather. In my father's case,
that would have been Mariano Mariano Guardino! His parents were smart
enough NOT to give him a middle name.Later on in life, he chose John as
his middle name, although it was not a legal name change.