[or-roots] FrenchGlen and Riddle and Robie ranches

Nancy Adams nancydean at columbia-center.org
Sat Jun 12 15:05:36 PDT 2004

Glen,
I didn't see the Geographic names in the Oregonian, that would have been
nice to read, ..darn..
because, I have names of geographic places in Oregon, like McCubbins Gulch
for one. and some others.

Do you ever read, True West / Frontier Times / Old West / magazines? I have
stacks and stacks of them.
We bought this house >> [old cook house for the logging co.] 8 miles west of
St. Helens, OR. The elderly man lived there for 50 years, but had to move
closer to town. But, in his old garage, were about 4 large grocery store
paper bags full to the top, with these magazines. I still have them, & go
back and read them over and over again. I even ordered more off ebay, ..haha

They really are true real stories / Non-Fiction. I find my families in them
a lot, like up in Walla Walla, WA., area about a:
John PettyJohn..  Old pioneer stories are so great. These are written by the
Pioneers themselves or there own decendents.

 Nancy