[or-roots] Uploads and Documentation of Files

gary murray gmurray1 at cox.net
Mon Jun 14 14:01:11 PDT 2004

i'm sorry.  it was not my intention to insult or hurt anyones feelings when i posted.i know that most people are using the files at some of these websites for a starting point and there  is nothing wrong with that.  i have sat at the forum and other libraries and watched people downloading thousands of names from the family search into their files.  i have asked if they were going to research all those names themselves and have been told they were just too numerous and the file would be come part of theirs.  there is so much junk out there that it scares me.  everything i did up to about 10 years ago was on paper.  every item and every name was proven.  i took classes thru the lds libraries and they are the ones that said if you don't have at least three sources for your material, it is not good.  i hppen to disagree with that since a lot of my early work was thru members of the family who are now gone, but i do list where i got it.  if i was a littleabrasive for some, and i can be, i am sorry, again.  the lds records on family search are corrupted beyond hope.  they will never be corrected.  i have found a member of my family that lds records say she had 27 children.  my gr. gr. or whatever had 12 children but the lds records show one child 6 times and some of the others are the same.  each person that submitted info on this family had something different in their records so it became another child of this family, even if it had the same name.  i was selected many years ago to be on the beta list for the family research.  the lds church sent me about 100 cd's.  each time they upgraded it i got all new cd's.  this is how i know these cd's were NEVER corrected.  and again, i am sorry if i stepped on anyone's toes as this was not my intent.  i just want all the records that people use to be as accurate as possible.
gary in az.