[or-roots] Wild tales from Ann's great Uncle

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Tue Jun 15 15:52:00 PDT 2004

I guess you're right, Walt, I was thinking the James gang was only around a
few years, but I just went and their list of victims goes back to 1867 which
means if her Uncle was a drummer boy he could have still been a minor when
the gang started their activity, I found an interesting site on the James
Gang;

http://www.islandnet.com/~the-gang/

they seem to be trying to preserve the image of the James Gang as America's
Robin Hood. I think I will drop them a line and see if they know anything
about my great aunt who "supposedly" always had a lot of money after they or
some gang, family rumor not too specific, came through town. It would sure
be a lark if they did.