[or-roots] Growing up in the 1930's

Cecil Houk cchouk at cox.net
Tue Jun 15 18:30:56 PDT 2004

Jacqueline:

Thank you for your comments.

I was born in 1939, and "didn't have a clue" as to what WWII was all about, or the hardships it impossed on us, until it was over.  We always had plenty to eat; growing some of our own.  And thanks to Mr. Shea, we had lots of fried apples (for dinner, quite often), YUM!

I do remember the day I got new shoes (about 1944).  I would not take them off, and went to bed wearing them the first night.

Cecil