[or-roots] Re: Little Black Sambo 1946

Jnivshaw at aol.com Jnivshaw at aol.com
Wed Jun 16 19:45:41 PDT 2004

Hello All,

    Can't help but observe that one thing genealogy has done for myself and a
great many others is to show the diversity in our own 'Family Trees'.  My
parents were fairly typical 4th generation  'white' Oregonians with most of the
usual prejudices: Asians, Blacks, and Indians.  Turns out we have some of all
of those in our Family, thank God, even a Mormon or two :-).  My paternal great
Aunt lived to the ripe old age of 105, as of now she has approximately 150
descendants of just about every ethnic group, religion, or political affiliation
you can imagine.  I love it!!

Jim Shaw
HM1 USN Ret.
Vallejo, CA
Shaw, Powell, Brandes, Cusick, Cline, Wheeler, Niven, etc.