[or-roots] John Hawk died in 1881

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Mon Jun 28 22:52:04 PDT 2004

Judy;

I think this was from you;

My info is a little earlier than that.  My ggrandfather, John Hawk was a
homesteader at Joseph.  He was murdered near Lostine on Nov 3 1881.  Most of
the
family left the area after that and moved first to the Willamette Valley and
then to the area around Fossil.  His homestead was held in connection with
his
brother-in-law The surname of the brother in law was Richardson.

The date that was posted is; Sun, 19 Oct 2003 22:05:31 but I can't figure
out who it is from, this was when the digesting or archiving system at
Or-roots was making gibberish out of what it was saving, the text is
surrounded by the html code associated with the message, I am not sure if
that is because the message was posted as html or not.

this was the only reference I found by cross checking John Hawk and Lostine
in google.