[or-roots] It ain't there anymore!

Cecil Houk cchouk at cox.net
Mon May 3 02:12:41 PDT 2004

Listers:

It ain't there anymore!

To help you break down some "brick walls", keep this in mind.

The town where my father was born, Lamonta, OR, no longer exists.

The house where my maternal grandfather lived (in Seattle in 1959), no longer exists; it is now a used car lot.

You can't find Marshfield, OR, on the map today because it's name was changed to Coos Bay.

You can't find some houses in Portland because they did a street reasignment in the 1930's.

You can't find many houses in many cities throught the USA because or the Interstate Freeways, which demoloshished or moved them to make way for the highways.

You will not find some ancestors because they changed their name(s), for one reason or another.

It ain't there anymore!

Good hunting,
Cecil

Cecil Houk, ET1 USN Ret.
PO Box 530833
San Diego CA 92153
FAX 619-428-6434
mailto:cchouk at cox.net
ANDERSON - BLAKELY - FORD - HOUK - KIMSEY - MOE - RULAFORD - SIMPSON
Searchable GEDCOM: http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/~cchouk
My web page MENU: http://members.cox.net/~cchouk/