[or-roots] they're afte me! EEk (Les C.)

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Mon May 3 15:11:12 PDT 2004

This really cracks me up, Connie get ahold of me off list, Not Connie
Guardino, another one, to tell me the specific answer I needed and to inform
me she is probably part of my extended family. And a few hours later Connie
G. emails to offer the help of someone from Tiller.

Now a lot of you are going HUH! I will try to keep this short (and I can
hear the groans already) Tiller is in the heart of the Cow Creek Tribal
homeland. When I was looking for my neices ancestors and saw the name
Rondeau I was thrilled, I worked as a seasonal at Tiller Ranger station from
1981 - 1987 and am intimately familiar with the geography of the area, so it
was a real kick for me going through the 1900 Census last night seeing all
those familiar names. Hughes, Pickett, Rondeau, Beals, now I am not sure the
Hughes family has a place named afte them, but I know them, and two or three
other families I saw in the Census are friends.

If my memory was any good I probably would know Julie unless she is a Johnny
come lately. I haven't kept in close touch with folks there, but it looks
like I might be going to at least for a while.

Thanks again everybody!!!

Les C

PS; Well I see I really stirred folks up, I even got some help from off
list, whoever sent my post to Kathleen Christensen thankyou too.

LEs