[or-roots] Brownsville: Weber/ Michael, (Michaels?)

Magbatt at aol.com Magbatt at aol.com
Sun May 9 06:39:57 PDT 2004

Thanks, Cecil.  I'll get back to him with that and see if the names and
location connect.  I'm guessing you would have been as delighted as I was when we
made the connection to Brownsville.  We started off in a restaurant in Seattle
with a discussion about the different tax structures in OR and WA and how the
roads and bridges were being affected by a lack of funds.  When he started
talking about the roads around his son's place in Lebanon, etc., I went into
"geno" gear and started asking questions.  When he said Sweet Home I slapped my
knee and thought of you.  My grin got wider and wider and everyone around us was
watching as I asked him questions - trying to be polite and not seeming to be
too nosy - and bingo!  He finally spit out Brownsville. Said the museum has a
fair amount of info on his family.  I of course told him that the big picture
hanging across from the door as you go into the museum is my (our)
ggggrandfather  who had named the town for my (our) gggguncle.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.  Sorry to go so, but I thought you might get a
kick out it.
Small world, huh?   Take care,  Midge