[or-roots] Jeremiah Shea's Roses

Cecil Houk cchouk at cox.net
Fri May 14 17:59:23 PDT 2004

Jeremiah Shea's Roses

Not to steel Walt's thunder, BUT...

When we lived in the Shea house at Foster, there were many roses in front of that house.  If you look closely at the photo at:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~cchouk/rulaford/3/foster-house0.jpg

You can see them along the wooden walkway between the house and the highway.  On either side (along the front edge of the property), there were "rambling roses"; red.  I can't swear that Mr. Shea planted these roses, but I'd like to think so.

One day the Highway Department "improved" HWY 20 by bull dozing the rambling roses.

I've not seen any of the roses that were there in the 1940's since.

Cecil

Cecil Houk, ET1 USN Ret.
PO Box 530833
San Diego CA 92153
FAX 619-428-6434
mailto:cchouk at cox.net
ANDERSON - BLAKELY - FORD - HOUK - KIMSEY - MOE - RULAFORD - SIMPSON
Searchable GEDCOM: http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/~cchouk
My web page MENU: http://members.cox.net/~cchouk/