[or-roots] De Moss

Eugene Melvin ed_melvin at msn.com
Sat May 15 04:32:22 PDT 2004

List,

Is anyone out there researching the De Moss family?  Dora M. De Moss is my Great Grandmother.

Last Thursday on a whim my wife and I left Portland for Moro, Oregon and we stop by the Sherman County Museum located in Moro.  To our surprised the unscheduled volunteers on duty that day was a husband and wife team whose last name is De Moss. We still are working out the details as to how we are related.

We were greatly impressed with this museum located in a town of about 300 people.  And of course we spent the next eight hours with our new found relations going over books and records located in the museum plus traveling a couple miles North of Moro to visit De Moss Springs.

Moro is located on highway 97 about 18 miles South of the Columbia River and East of The Dalles.  If anyone is out that way I would recommend stopping in and visiting this museum.  They also have a great web site.

Eugene Melvin
SW Portland, Oregon